The most important functions at a glance
- Freely configurable definition of the inspection plan’s type
- Configuration of different inspection orders, e.g. allowing manual inspection points, skipping inspection points and external creation of inspection orders
- Creating and processing inspection plans, including configurable state scheme for state transitions and allocation of rights
- Detailed definition of inspection characteristics, including specification of the inspection equipment, determination of limit types, limits to be met and requests for action
- Different triggers, e.g. time-based or related to the production order
Particular benefits for the success of your company
- Simple integration into FASTEC 4 PRO and, thus, no additional IT interface is required
- Integration of MDA data, particularly of process messages, into the inspection order is possible
- Freely configurable inspection characteristics and types of inspection plans as well as default settings of binding inspection points
- Continuous transparency regarding creation, changes and release of inspection orders
- Inspection orders open interactively, e.g. when the machine is in the cleaning state
- Reduction of time expenditure as manual logs are redundant
- Reduction of potential error sources as transmission errors do not occur
Less paper on the shop floor
The path to a paperless factory is still long in many respects – a mixture of manually completed Excel tables and Word documents is still common practice. This applies to numerous production companies – regardless of industry and size. In addition, machine operators must ensure compliance with the inspection intervals and make ” in order/not in order decisions”. Apart from the use of resources and time, there is a constant error potential regarding data acquisition – from compliance with inspection intervals to precise logging and analysis.
FASTEC provides an attractive answer to the complex subject mentioned above. The essential attributes of the newly developed quality module are paperless, precise and highly configurable. Combined with FASTEC 4 PRO it opens the door to digital order documentation. Following a comprehensive and continuous approach, the new module already offers significantly more functions in its first version than many common SPC tools.
While SPC is primarily focused on the manual acquisition of variable and attributive characteristics, the quality module offers a number of additional functions, such as digitization of set-up check lists.
Quick and convenient creation of inspection plans
Thus, various characteristics defined in an inspection plan can be checked according to self-defined intervals. Furthermore, process and quality inspections shall be partially automated and be carried out without machine operators in the future. For example, this is possible when controlling the LOT codes via stationary scanner.
The range of possible creation of inspection points leaves nothing to be desired: Automated triggers for digital control of, time, operation, quantity and state, for example, ensure consistent quality and provide greater transparency in production. Combined with the creation of individual inspection plans in order to define operation sequences, variable, attributive and comparative characteristics as well as extensive options for entering text and numbers, the module noticeably and profitably shortens the path to a paperless factory.
Time saving while reducing errors at the same time
The digitized and automated order documentation does not only eliminate manual transmission errors but it also saves time. The machine operator can concentrate on his actual work. The quality module also underlines its advantages within the scope of audits: At a touch of a button and without the need for time-consuming searching in folders, the relevant documentation can be viewed completely.